I've been tagged by Elisabeth Stewart of Bethinking fame. Thanks for the honour! *grin* The rules are...
- Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
- Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
As for the seven facts, you can blame Beth for unleashing the following:
- I attended my first two years of primary school in Malaysia. The teachers had a knack for cruel and unusual punishments including making you run in your underwear when you forgot to bring your sports briefs. I still remember mine were made of pink mesh with white polka dots (accompanied by a couple of holes) and it was a cold and foggy morning - I only forgot once.
- I met my hubby through ballroom dancing - his mother and I were students at the same studio. When I first saw him, I thought he was his mother's brother. What can I say? He was bald and it was dark! Of course, now, I think he is the cutest.
- I loved a cartoon called Mission: Magic when I was a child and I loved the main character, Rick Springfield, even more. I remember dedicating wishes on birthdays to making him real. I was completely blown away when "Jessie's Girl" was released since I found out that he was! Now that I'm an adult, I wonder:
(a) why did I waste those wishes on something so unnecessary?
(b) what was I thinking as the age difference would have been such a huge hurdle, anyway?
Weird in more ways than one, huh?
- I collect miniature perfumes - I have over a thousand in storage.
- I used to collect shoes. My favourite designer is Giuseppe Zanotti and some of his shoes are so beautiful that I can't bring myself to wear them since they look their best when they are pristine.
To the right is a picture of one of a pair of Zanottis that I actually wore, quite possibly, twice. Each shoe has a highly reflective silver heel with a gorgeous rhinestone butterfly on the vamp.
Now, I'm too poor to buy designer shoes so I collect patterned paper instead.
- I have a girly voice which is made even higher-pitched by recording devices and phones. I often get telemarketers asking to speak to my mummy or daddy.
- When I play RPGs (Role Playing Games), I usually take the role of a monk (if they can channel chi) or a mage (since they get to wear cool robes and rely on their intelligence for magical abilities). I can be such a wannabe!