Stampin' Up! promotions  Tutorials      Join my Stampin' Up! Team      My contact details
                        Published work      Team Forum

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A pink lighthouse

To me, a lighthouse symbolises "Awareness" as it serves to alert unwary seafarers of dangers hidden nearby. Colour it Pink Ribbon Day pink and it so represents Breast Cancer Awareness, don't you think? Or am I speaking for myself? *looks around*

Well, it seemed like a good idea to me at the time! It still does except for the sting of rejection. *sniffle*

Anyway, the amazingly talented Teneale Williams sent out a request for 6" X 6" pages to compile a book of inspirational quotations for those affected by breast cancer while they visit the Westmead Breast Cancer Clinic and the McGrath Foundation office. You still have time to help her as she is waiting until Monday October 12 for the last submissions.

I chose the Elisabeth Guinot quotation for mine because I believe that we don't really know what we are capable of until we are tested. And I'd like to think that we are chronic underestimators.

Page using Stampin' Up! suppliesStampin' Supplies
Ink:
Kiwi Kiss
Pink Pirouette
Rose Red

Stamp sets:
A Great Friend
Eastern Influences
Lovely Letters
Uncharted Territory

Paper:
Pink Pirouette CS
Rose Red CS
Rose Red Prints DSP (retired)
Whisper White CS

Accessories:
Flower Assortment Designer Brads
Mat Pack
Sponge Dauber
Striped Grograin Ribbon in Pink Pirouette
Word Window Punch

PS. The title is Rose Red cardstock cut using the QuicKutz harvest font.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Love that quote Lin Mei and your inspirational layout. I think the lighthouse is such a fitting symbol.

Lin Mei said...

Thanks so much, Sue! Now there's two of us in the Pink Lighthouse club :)

Leigh said...

Beautiful and I do like your reasoning behind the pink lighthouse.

Lin Mei said...

Thank you muchly Leigh ... and that makes us the Pink Lighthouse Three!

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

I love that quote Lin Mei.. thanks for the inspiration.

Lin Mei said...

Thanks so much for popping by, Linda! It was really lovely getting to know you better at the Papercrafts Festival.