On becoming a Stampin' Up!® demonstrator
Why would I want to be a Stampin' Up!® demonstrator?If you don't know about Stampin' Up!®, perhaps book a workshop with me so that I can show you what it is all about (but feel free to read on!). If you love Stampin' Up!® products, then there are lots of good reasons for becoming a demonstrator including:
- the great value starter kit,
- an 18% discount on all the Stampin' Up!® products that you can see in the current Stampin' Up!® Idea Book & Catalogue and intermittently released mini catalogues,
- being among the first to find out about new Stampin' Up!® products and promotions,
- having access to a sizeable network of crafty people who know how to make beautiful papercraft items and the most of Stampin' Up!® products,
- earning free stamp sets, products and volume rebates (ie. more money) for buying or selling lots of Stampin' Up!® stuff,
- having the option to dedicate as much as time as you want or as little as time permits to your Stampin' Up!® activities,
- the opportunity to build a business doing crafts (who wouldn't want that?! I know, I know ... for those who don't, the opportunity to sell Stampin' Up!® products to subsidise their craft habit is there whilst they are busy with their full-time jobs),
- having me as their upline.
OK ... the last benefit was just shameless self-promotion but who else is going to do it for me? And it wouldn't be self promotion if it was done by someone else, right?
Sound appealing? To become an independent Stampin' Up!® demonstrator, you need to buy a starter kit.
Tell me about the starter kitThe starter kit normally costs $324 but has a retail value of $565.70. This retail value includes business supplies so for those of you considering joining as hobby demonstrators, the maximum value of the included craft products is as follows:
- 4 Rubber Stamp Sets
- Basic Phrases (or a set of your choice up to the value of $58.95)
- Fun & Fast Notes (or a set of your choice up to the value of $58.95)
- Big Bold Birthday (or a set of your choice up to the value of $53.95)
- Eastern Blooms (or a set of your choice up to the value of $39.95)
- 1 Standard Stampin’ Around® Wheel
- Fast Flowers Wheel(or wheel of your choice worth $11.95)
- 1 Standard Stampin’ Around® Handle
- 1 Standard Ink Cartridge
- Real Red (or colour of your choice worth $9.50)
- 1 Stampin’ Pastels®
- 1 Assorted Colour A4 Card Stock pack
- Bold Brights™ (or colour family of your choice worth $14.50)
- 1 A4 Card Stock pack
- Whisper White (or colour of your choice worth $13.50)
- 1 Blender Pens pack
- 1 SNAIL Adhesive®
- 1 Craft & Rubber Scissors
- 1 Stampin’ Scrub®
- 1 Stampin’ Mist®
- 1 VersaMark® Pad
- 5 Classic Stampin’ Pads®
- Basic Black
- Green Galore (or colour of your choice worth $11.95)
- Real Red (or colour of your choice worth $11.95)
- Pixie Pink (or colour of your choice worth $11.95)
- Brilliant Blue (or colour of your choice worth $11.95)
Stampin' Memories Add-On
If you are really into scrapbooking and you'd like to showcase Stampin' Memories products, you can purchase the Stampin' Memories add-on for $75 (valued at $151.85).
- 1 Assorted Colour Card Stock (12X12)
- Bold Brights™ (or colour family of your choice worth $17.25)
- 1 Alphabet Set
- Schoolbook Serif Alphabet (or alphabet set up to the value of $77.95)
- 1 Simply Scrappin’™ Kit
- Petal Party (or scrapbooking kit of your choice worth $36.95)
- 1 Stampin’ Write™ Journaler
- 1 Craft Stampin’ Pad
- Whisper White ($13.95 or Classic Pad of your choice worth $11.95)
What's the catch?You need an ABN and, to stay active as a demonstrator, you have to sell and/or buy $500 (pre-GST) worth of Stampin' Up!® products every three months.
I can't sell, I'm not interested in selling and yet I am still reading thisI'd say that it is due to my compelling writing but I know that's not true. The starter kit is excellent value and the 18% discount is rather seductive, isn't it? I know ... I've been there and I've succumbed. I can honestly say that I've not regretted getting the starter kit. The opportunity to create a business is a bonus - one that I value highly but others may not...as yet.
If you love Stampin' Up! products, you can just sign up for the starter kit and the discount. You always have the opportunity to do more as a demonstrator when it suits you but, in the mean time, you can save on all your Stampin' Up!® purchases. If you do want to do more, I'll help in any way that I can and you'll also have access to lots of Stampin' Up!® resources.