Stampin' Up! promotions  Tutorials      Join my Stampin' Up! Team      My contact details
                        Published work      Team Forum

Saturday, May 15, 2010

It hasn't been forever ...

... since my last post. Surprised, huh? I know I am! Although, I suppose a week and a bit in blogland can seem like a long time.

I made the following card for a friend of mine in Canada. And it really has been like FOREVER since I sent her something to remind her that she is in my thoughts and heart. I was thinking how easy it has been for so much time to pass by in the whirligig of every day and, in that time, not reach out to those that I care about - especially those who may be far away. Definitely time for redress...

Card made with Stampin' Up! suppliesStampin' Supplies
Ink:
Always Artichoke
Chocolate Chip
Old Olive
Soft Suede
VersaMark

Stamp sets:
Defining Alphabet
Vintage Vogue

Cardstock:
Always Artichoke
Naturals Ivory
Old Olive

Accessories:
Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon
Earth Elements Brads
Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon
Rich Regals Brads
Soft Suede Polka-dot Grosgrain Ribbon
Sponge Daubers
Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Stampin' Dimensionals

17 comments:

Louise said...

I love how this looks like you tore it from the pages of an illustrated book of children's fairytales. At least, that is what it reminds me of!

Painstaking and precise work with your marker and SAMJ - looks fantastic.

You going to Convention this year?

Lin Mei said...

Awww thanks so much Louise! I love that analogy *smile* I was rather pleased with the look of VersaMark on Natural Ivory - it looks like jacquard ...

Unfortunately, I am not attending Convention this year - I'm so going to miss out on seeing you this time. Maybe I could lurk at the venue in hopes of having a coffee with you?

Louise said...

You bet! I'll be sending tweets from my iPhone so if you follow me there you'll catch all the news (and track me down for a coffee?) Have a fab week!
(I'm Stretchmark Diva on twitter)

kari said...

Stunning card Lin Mei! You leave in awe, as usual! K xx

Sue Madex said...

If you're lurking, I'm always up for a coffee! Think I've got 50% caffeine travelling around in these veins. Gorgeous gorgeous card Lin Mei. Love the lettering between those border thingy stamps.

Lin Mei said...

Thanks so much Kari *hugs*

Lin Mei said...

Hey Sue! Great to see you here and thanks so much *smile*

I'll have to check out the timetable to know when to visit Convention to have coffee with you and Louise!

Lin Mei said...

Thanks so much Kari! *beams happily*

Kerryl Noble said...

I love this card Lin Mei! Very clever. I'm not going to convention this year. Maybe next year....

Lee said...

Ohhhh beautiful card Lin Mei! Please pop on over to my blog to claim your 'beautiful blog award'! Your truly do have a fabulous site to visit for chit chat & inspiration :)

Lee x

Lin Mei said...

Hello Kerryl! Glad to know that you like this card *smile* I guess the two of us will be un-conventional this year *clinks glasses*

Lin Mei said...

Hey there Lee! Thank you so much for the blog award and, of course, for your lovely visit *hug*

Ariane said...

sooooo cuuuute! and so good to see you yesterday! come back today again!

Fiona said...

Beautiful card Lin Mei, stunning as usual, glad to see your blog active again.
Lovely to catch up with you at darling harbour.

Lin Mei said...

Ariane, Fiona and Louise! It was truly wonderful to catch up with you lovelies at Darling Harbour. *hugs*

Just have to work off that Italian hot chocolate now...

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

what a fantastic idea to put friends forever.

Lin Mei said...

Thanks so much, Kathryn, and a warm welcome to my blog!