Stampin' Up! promotions  Tutorials      Join my Stampin' Up! Team      My contact details
                        Published work      Team Forum

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009

May it be divine or, at the very least, benign.

Happy New Year + a week, everyone! I hope that you have really enjoyed the recent festivities - it was a little welcome escape from the rather sombre economic climate that we are bracing ourselves for. I know this sounds like a romantic notion but I reckon that the threat of downsizing is actually a wake-up call to rediscover what is truly of value to us.

I think back to all those countless shopping trips that Hubby (even before he was Hubby - pre-Hubby if you will) faithfully accompanied me on where I was completely focused on the latest perfume collectible/shoes/clothes/bags/SALE whilst poor pre-Hubby would have 15 minutes of pleasurable distraction at Electronics Boutique followed by three hours of ... well... following. Can you imagine what sort of debt I accrued in doing so?

Once I take into account interest, it is a lifetime of going bicycling when Hubby wants to, playing side-kick to Hubby's leading characters in shoot 'em up computer games and watching every recorded episode of Air Crash Investigations. Funnily enough, though, paying him back means spending quality time with him and that's what really matters.

As for all those baubles that I used to collect, I still enjoy window shopping (and visiting our storage unit) once in a while. But, with the time I now have, I'd much rather make something.

Wishing you a creative and connected 2009!

2009 Calendar using Stampin' Up! SuppliesStampin' Supplies
Ink:
StazOn Black

Stamps:
For Father set

Paper:
Brilliant Blue Prints DSP
Brilliant Blue Textured CS
Old Olive CS
Old Olive Prints DSP
Watercolor paper

Accessories:
Anchored Rub-Ons
Aquapainter
Eastern Elegance Rub-Ons
Watercolor Wonder Crayons in Earth Elements

2 comments:

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Happy New Year Lin Mei, hope you brought it in with a bang!!!!

Economic times mean we might not be able to spend, but we can still 'shop'.

:) Marcia

Lin Mei said...

Happy New Year to you too, Marcia! I hope that it will be a truly gorgeous 2009 for you and your family. *clink glasses*

YES to shopping through windows or in dreams *grin* And once in a while even using the credit card!