Stampin' Up! promotions  Tutorials      Join my Stampin' Up! Team      My contact details
                        Published work      Team Forum

Monday, November 30, 2009

Reflection Technique Class

I had a most enjoyable class the other night with some of my terrific customers. We used the Reflection Technique for a Christmas card and a masculine card.

Reflection Technique using Stampin' Up! Australia's Season's Surfin' stamp setStampin' Supplies
Ink:
Basic Black

Stamp set:
Season's Surfin'

Cardstock:
Gable Green
Kraft
Real Red
Whisper White

Accessories:
Aquapainter
Stampin' Dimensionals
Stampin' Write Markers in Brilliant Blue, Creamy Caramel, Gable Green, Green Galore, Mellow Moss, Real Red
Watercolor Wonder Crayons in Bold Brights, Earth Elements, Soft Subtles


It's really weird - I have been attracted to Season's Surfin' recently but couldn't really put my finger on why. The palm tree, in particular, was stirring something pleasing in me and I only realise why today. It reminds me of Queensland and the Whitsundays, where Hubby and I spent our honeymoon. Today is our sixth wedding anniversary and I think that, subliminally, Season' Surfin' was reminding me of the marvellous time that we had there and that our anniversary was coming up fast! To think, a moment's reflection would have revealed all of this beforehand...

The following card has acetate layered over the Baja Breeze cardstock. I thought it was an evocative allusion to the reflective surface of water and provided a nifty way of supporting the Thinking of You sentiment in StazOn Cotton White.

Reflection Technique using Stampin' Up! Lovely as a Tree stamp setStampin' Supplies
Ink:
Baja Breeze
Chocolate Chip
Cotton White StazOn

Stamp sets:
Lovely as a Tree
More Thoughts Simply Sent

Cardstock:
Baja Breeze
Kiwi Kiss
Whisper White

Accessories:
Aquapainter
Crop-A-Dile
Jumbo Brads in Antique Brass
Sponge Dauber
Watercolor Wonder Crayons in Earth Elements

Stampin' Up! Australia's Spring Mini ends today and with it Season's Surfin' and the Cotton White Stazon.

No comments: