Stampin' Up! promotions  Tutorials      Join my Stampin' Up! Team      My contact details
                        Published work      Team Forum

Friday, July 11, 2008

Kari Favour

It certainly has been a week of papercrafting for me with hardly any time left for blogging or, even, blog lapping (as Sue Madex funnily punnily puts it). To start it all off: the INKlings monthly cyberstamp on Saturday night - a series of challenges set by the lovely Kari Hughes. First up was a pyramid favour box, to be made in a colour of my choice with the proviso that it be a colour that I rarely use. *sigh* I'd almost rather that it be a colour selected by someone else since there would be chance of it NOT being Really Rust.

I've tried to contemplate why I struggle with Really Rust. Is it because it is reddy-orange? Isn't just being orangey enough to put me off? Is it because I don't like rust or tetanus shots? Let me tell you that I find this rather disappointing since I considered myself an equal opportunity colourist. All colours are created equal. Unfortunately, though, some colours are in harmony with a greater number of colours than others.

Hmmmmmmm...so does that mean that it's not really me, after all.... that it's really Really Rust?! Needless to say, such ruminations get in the way of productivity and this was the only challenge that I finished on the night. I knew I didn't like Really Rust for a reason...
Pyramid Favour Box using Stampin' Up! suppliesStampin' Supplies
Ink:
Brocade Blue
Groovy Guava
Really Rust

Stamps:
Baroque Border wheel
Baroque Motifs set

Cardstock:
Naturals Ivory

Accessories:
Crop-A-Dile
Earth Elements Eyelets
Bluebird Grosgrain
Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain
Sponge Daubers

Did you notice the generational stamping with a wheel?

If you love Really Rust, please help me to appreciate it too by commenting on the reasons why one should lust Really Rust. Kari, thank you for an excellent challenge!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this Lin Mei. I must say that Really Rust in not a colour I would pick first but when I have used it, I have liked the finished product.
K-xxx

Lin Mei said...

Hey Kylie! You know, I feel the same way. I never reach for Really Rust but when I finish challenges requiring it, I don't feel the urge to get the blow-torch out.

Anonymous said...

Lin Mei, I love the combo and the touch of blue is great! I love how you've tied the ribbon! I can't wait to see the challenges to give us in a couple of months!!! :) K

Lin Mei said...

Hey Kari! Thanks for setting such challenging challenges! Indeed, we face interesting times :)

OohLookBel said...

Come on, Lin Mei, don't be chicken, you Really Must use Really Rust. And yay, I like anything with Baroque Motifs, so I do like your pyramid as well.

Lin Mei said...

Hey Belle! Baroque Motifs is a beautiful and versatile set - I want to see you use yours (and I don't mean at our get-togethers)!

Are you asking me to just trust in Really Rust? I guess its Really Rust or bust!