Stampin' Up! promotions  Tutorials      Join my Stampin' Up! Team      My contact details
                        Published work      Team Forum

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Training day

Yesterday was a training day for Jayne's INKlings. As with all training days (and I do love them), I start with a bleary-eyed stumble for the train and regret immediately the fact that hubby and I stayed up until 2am watching two "just another half-an-hour" episodes of Two-And-A-Half-Men.

I think that trains are great! Especially now that Cityrail has improved its track record by significantly reducing its services in September 2005. I much prefer a predictable albeit less frequent train schedule since you can, at least, plan for a connecting train (something I've had to do quite a bit since most of Jayne's team are Northeners). I did benefit at the time, however, from the previous erratic train service since I could always say "the train..." when I got into work late and my manager would look sympathetically at me and wave me in without me having to finish the sentence. Ah! For the good ol' days. I'm sure that nostalgia has fooled me into thinking that I used this excuse successfully more than once.

As for the training, what an amazing day of card-making at Beth's lovely place! We each brought a Card in a Box and I spent an intense four hours assembling eight diverse and fabulous cards designed and provisioned by everyone else. Thank you, INKlings!

Here is my contribution - I had some spare supplies left over from the session and made my card again since the original had misaligned flourishes and was inadvertently signed with a couple of my fingerprints. I also snuck a few non-SU! brads on this one:
Stampin' Up! Training Day Card-in-a-boxStampin' Supplies
Ink:
Blue Bayou
Chocolate Chip
River Rock

Stamps:
En Français background
Frames with a Flourish set
Oh, So Lovely set (Hostess)
Simple Delights kit (Simply Sent)

Cardstock:
Blue Bayou
Naturals Ivory
River Rock

Accessories:
Sponge Daubers
Stamp-A-Ma-Jig

4 comments:

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Great card Lin Mei, love the vintage look of this one.

Lin Mei said...

Thank you, Marcia! I've not tried this look very often but there is a certain warmth to it that consoles my cold fingers while I type. Have a wonderful time with your family during these school holidays.

Anonymous said...

I really like this card Lin Mei. I might have to have a family stamping day to case it since mum has the Frames set and my sister has that gorgeous Simply Sent kit! Love the colours you've used. Cheers!

Lin Mei said...

Thank you, Sue :) A family stamping day sounds wonderful. It is great that you can all share your stamps - that'd be my ideal for quality time together!