Stampin' Up! promotions  Tutorials      Join my Stampin' Up! Team      My contact details
                        Published work      Team Forum

Monday, December 7, 2009

Telling Tall Tales

OK I've been sprung! I gave a half-hearted undertaking that the notebook for Jillian would be the last one that I'd post for a while but I truly couldn't help myself. When I recently opened up my pack of Tall Tales DSP to cut some samples for my team and myself, I saw the little zebras riding aloft on their striped balloons and I just had to use it to make something for my nephew Shi Wei's birthday. As it turns out, it was a notebook and here it is:

Notebook for Shi Wei using Stampin' Up! Tall Tales DSPStampin' Supplies
Ink:
Chocolate Chip

Stamp sets:
Hello Again

Paper:
Chocolate Chip CS
So Saffron CS
Tall Tales DSP
Whisper White CS

Accessories:
2-Way Glue Pen
Bone Folder
Paper Snips
Sticky Strip



I used the Quickutz Katie font for his name.

My auntie Kim recollected an exchange that she had with Shi Wei the last time she visited. Whenever he was asked what he did at pre-kindy, he would coyly reply "Nothing". My aunt's attempts to coax more out of him with a "You can't do nothing all day at pre-kindy!" would be met with a laugh from him followed by an enigmatic smile.

I suspect that this evasion may be due to his realisation that anything he likes can be withheld if he misbehaves! But I digress...

So, my aunt laid a rather clever trap for him with a tall tale in the following conversation:

Auntie Kim: Shi Wei, what did you do today at pre-kindy?
Shi Wei: Nothing.
Auntie Kim: Well, I know what you did because I came to see you.
Shi Wei: But I didn't see you there!
Auntie Kim: I was hiding behind the fence and I could see you but you couldn't see me. I saw you singing.
Shi Wei [surprised]: Oh!
Auntie Kim: I saw you running.
Shi Wei [even more surprised]: Oh!
Auntie Kim: I saw you playing.
Shi Wei [crestfallen at being found out]: Oh!

Poor little thing ... after that, he's an open book ... when it comes to pre-kindy activities at any rate *grin*

7 comments:

Leigh said...

I love this notebook. How cool.

Louise said...

Oh what a cute story! And a cute Notebook!

Lin Mei said...

Thank you muchly Leigh and Louise.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

It's gorgeous Lin Mei, very cute. Loved your story too.

Hope your well,
Marcia

Lin Mei said...

Hello Marcia! Thanks so much for your lovely visit - I have been well ... just completely swamped during birthday season which precedes Christmas is my household. I hope you have been happy and well, too!

Teresa said...

Dear Lin Mei,
Thank you so much for the beautiful Pink handcrafted notebook Christmas present. It arrived snug and safe in the mail from East to West, due to the finest quality materials you've chosen. I've just LOVE the white ribbon and pink card trim, plus the delicate characters for my name you've so subtly yet firmly applied on the cover. Best Christmas present ever ! Be in touch really soon, Love, Teresa xxx

Michelle said...

Hi Lin Mei,
Haven't seen you around on the boards lately, hope you're having a relaxing start to the new year. I love your notebook, and as always you entertain with your posts!
take care,
xx michelle