Stampin' Up! promotions  Tutorials      Join my Stampin' Up! Team      My contact details
                        Published work      Team Forum

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Postmarked cyberstamp

The monthly INKlings Cyberstamp came around again and this time I got to set the challenges. Needless to say, it was just another excuse for me to do something silly in the name of trying to be funny *grin*

For the first challenge, I chose a colour scheme. I really hope that Kristina Werner does not mind but I CASEd her color inspiration - for this one Cyberstamp only. Please don't sue me, Kristina!

Practically Purple Pumps Colour ChallengeAs some of you may already have read, I love shoes! I use to collect them but, now, most of them sit in storage, waiting for their moment in the sun when they go for a jaunt down the red carpet. (What can I say? I'm a big disappointment to these shoes!) Anyway, after rummaging through the shoe stash that stays with me, I found this pair that screamed out "Wear me to somewhere grand!" - instead, I featured them as inspiration for a colour challenge...

I hope to feature a round-up of the INKlings wonderful creations using this colour scheme if they post them on their respective blogs. In the meanwhile, here is my attempt:

Practically Purple Pumps Card using Stampin' Up! suppliesStampin' Supplies
Ink:
Almost Amethyst
Chocolate Chip
Encore Silver

Stamps:
Simple Delights set
Priceless set

Paper:
Almost Amethyst
Basic Black
Chocolate Chip
Whisper White
Silver Metallic

Accessories:
Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon
Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon
Mat Pack
Square Ice Rhinestone
Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware
Silver Embossing Powder

Unfortunately, this card does not exist in this form any longer. After I snapped the first photo of it, the wind swept it up and dumped it on the grass that was left wet by the rain. So, it is a smudged remnant of its former self. Oh well! At least I have one photo - maybe I should scrap it up?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lin Mei, I don't know which I like better - the shoes or the card. Both are awesome (well, the card 'was'!).

:) Marcia

Lin Mei said...

Hey Marcia! Shoes win hands down (or should that be feet down)...

Glad to know that you have a chance to recuperate from the crazy busy week you have had.

Sue Madex said...

Love the card Lin Mei - very elegant. And what gorgeous shoes! How long have you been collecting??

Lin Mei said...

Thanks Sue! I started collecting about the time I started working but the addiction really kicked in about 10 years ago when I discovered my first Giuseppe Zanottis at half price at Gary Castles. I then had to look on ebay because there are only so many shoes one can afford at the list price of $995!