Stampin' Up! promotions  Tutorials      Join my Stampin' Up! Team      My contact details
                        Published work      Team Forum

Monday, April 21, 2008

Fridgey-ditch - the end of a cold relationship

Hot on the heels of my monitor going poof!, something short-circuited and tripped the safety switch during the recording of the last 10 minutes of a "Lost" episode (as if the show wasn't hard enough to follow as it is) . When we finally located the appliance causing the problem, it turned out to be our fridge. After serving for a faithful 36 years (a ridgey-didge fridge!), it had finally given up the ghost. RIP Westinghousey.

Being fickle creatures, we moved on by looking for a new fridge over the weekend. The new fridge arrived today - huzzah! but, as usual, there was a problem. The delivery person refused to remove our old fridge as it was a double-door model. He accused us of not telling him that this was the case. At this point, I just have to roll my eyes *roll eyes* It amazes me how it is always our fault for not doing someone else's job. I'm looking at you, refridgerator salesman!

Anyway, our old fridge is still with us even though we tried to get rid of it. And I thought I would post the following card that I am sure, when you squint and tilt your head, it looks just like a fridge - a double-door fridge just like Westinghousey.
Stampin' Supplies
Ink:
Always Artichoke
Cameo Coral
Mellow Moss

Stamps:
Heartfelt Thanks set
Mostly Flowers set

Cardstock:
Always Artichoke
Cameo Coral
Mellow Moss
So Saffron
Very Vanilla

Accessories:
Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware
Cream Grosgrain Ribbon
Moss Gingham Ribbon
Mat Pack

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tilted my head and squinted - there it was, our old fridge !!

Lin Mei said...

You're so funny, honey!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny Lin Mei! You brighten an otherwise dull and wet morning. Hope your old fridge gets a new home real soon. Oh - the card is nice too and doesn't look anything like a fridge to me!!

Jo

Lin Mei said...

And you are always so generous in your comments, Jo! That makes my day!

You really don't think it looks like a fridge? Just imagine four HUGE square fridge magnets ...

Rebecca Munro said...

Thanks for the hilarious commentary about your recent fridge disaster.. we had a similar thing happen ourselves a few months back.
Also - love the card!

Lin Mei said...

Hi Rebecca! So glad to see that you can post again. Wow! to your gorgeous latest creations.