Stampin' Up! promotions  Tutorials      Join my Stampin' Up! Team      My contact details
                        Published work      Team Forum

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Screened out

Yesterday, whilst I was having a lovely time meeting fellow INKlings and learning about the recent Convention at my upline Jayne's training session, my husband pottered about on my computer at home and *POOF* my monitor blew! Well, that was his version of events anyway. The ending, however, was verifiable as my monitor was completely unresponsive to the super technical actions of pressing the switch multiple times with increasing pressure and the odd whack to the side of the case.

I tried sneaking access to my e-mail and blog on hubby's machine but it was rather obvious as he noticed that his seat was lumpier than usual (with me sitting there) and all his browser windows were open to stuff about craft. Anyway, crisis has been averted today as we swapped out my monitor with a tiny 15" that we had in storage that was marked for disposal. Yay to hoarding!

Oh! Almost forgot the real moral of the story ... since I had to log on directly to gmail (as opposed to downloading it through Outlook Express), I found some important e-mails had been lodged in the spam filter. This screen problem turned out to be a blessing in disguise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad it all worked out for you Lin Mei and that you are back online! Lovely to meet you yesterday. I hope to see you again soon.
Jo

Lin Mei said...

Thanks Jo! It was lovely meeting you in real life too! Jo has posted a beautiful card using stamps which are new to Oz.