Stampin' Up! promotions  Tutorials      Join my Stampin' Up! Team      My contact details
                        Published work      Team Forum

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Make and take mistake

I recently (and rather excitedly) joined in a card swap with fellow INKlings arranged by my upline, Jayne. There were only a couple of guidelines set:

1. use a stamp set introduced in the recently released Idea Book & Catalogue,
2. and it should be straightforward enough for a "Make & Take" (where workshop attendees can all roll up their sleeves, make a copy of it during a workshop and take it home with them).

Not much to ask really...except that I experienced an nasty bout of self-doubt. What if the card I make is so awful that other demonstrators gag on seeing it? Or go blind and lose their ability to continue as demonstrators? I'd have deprived them of their joy AND their income. So, I thought and thought about what to make...and forgot all about rule number two. When I had finally finished the four copies of my card design, I went back to the INKlings forum to review the details (I know - a bit late!) and rule number two stuck its tongue out at me. Noooooo! Woe is me! Boho Backgrounds, from this day forward, thine name shall be Boohoo Backgrounds! To me, that is...

Anyhoo, I made another four cards which were not as fiddly and they are now on their way to Jayne. But I thought I might as well share the first set of cards with you. The Whisper White Craft ink is a revelation - the tiny flourishes look like they are white rub-ons since they sit on top of the surface of the cardstock.

Stampin' Supplies
Ink:
Lovely Lilac
Rose Red
Taken with Teal
Whisper White Craft

Stamps:
Boho Backgrounds set
Carte Postale set

Cardstock:
Lovely Lilac
Rose Red
Taken with Teal
Whisper White

Accessories:
Stampin' Dimensionals
White Grosgrain Ribbon

8 comments:

Carol Dunstan said...

LOL, I did much the same thing too (though I didn't remake mine, decided they were for the more experienced crafter...). And I think Booboo Backgrounds is a nicer name than Boohoo!

Lin Mei said...

Good one, Carol! Booboo is definitely appropriate ... but I have to admit that I really felt like crying when I realised that I had to make new ones. It was a relief to send the other ones off.

OohLookBel said...

Hi Lin Mei - I'm glad you didn't decide to do this one in our make and take! Love the colour scheme. And looks like the whisper white ink is next on my shopping list.

Lin Mei said...

Belle, I am so with you. After the last escapade with stamps being drowned in Whisper White at our workshop, I am going to have to stun all attendees beforehand so that minimal strength remains in their hands - then they'll have no option but to press gently.

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Lin Mei! Love the colours!
Don't worry - I am still worried about what everyone will think of my first lot - and then I joined group 3 too!! Only way to cure self doubt, keep on putting myself out there and wait for feedback! Eeek!

Lin Mei said...

Thanks for the good advice and encouragement, Kari. I always find that the path that is harder to face is the one to follow...it fosters courage and humility!

Rebecca Munro said...

These are beautiful Lin Mei - as are all your cards! And I'm sure everyone who receives your new versions of the make & take cards will be very pleased to have them in their collection. :)

Lin Mei said...

Thanks so much Rebecca. I really love your Boho Backgrounds card!