Stampin' Up! promotions  Tutorials      Join my Stampin' Up! Team      My contact details
                        Published work      Team Forum

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just in CASE: a CASE in point

Sometimes, when you haven't got much inspiration and you are short of time (birthday party tonight!) and you really want to give a handmade card, you may just have to CASE. There are a few versions of what CASE stands for (mine is Copy And Somewhat Edit) but essentially it means basing the layout of your card on one that you like and changing it to suit your preferences and supplies.

Last night, my upline, Jayne, posted a challenge to CASE from a random page in the new Idea Book & Catalogue. Mine was from page 87 and the result was:

Stampin' Supplies
Ink:
Orchid Opulence
Tempting Turquoise

Stamps:
Carte Postale set
Seeing Spots set

Cardstock:
Orchid Opulence
Tempting Turquoise
Very Vanilla

Accessories:
Light Orchid Grosgrain Ribbon
Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon
Mat Pack
Stampin' Dimensionals

As I did not have the new scallop punch, I had to make do with two flowers cut using a Spellbinders Flower Creations Die. Also, a Cuttlebug Circle Die was used in place of the Stampin' Up! 3.2cm circle punch (my defense is a 3.2cm circle is a 3.2cm circle!). I embossed the turquoise flower using a Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder just to differentiate the flower a little from the turquoise background.

4 comments:

OohLookBel said...

Your card is sensational, and the embossed flower makes it even better than the one in the catalogue. Did you sew the stitches as well? I really want the Seeing Spots set.
See you tomorrow.

Lin Mei said...

Thanks very muchly, belle! I did sew the stitches but I pierced the holes beforehand to make sure that it was even (thank you mat pack!). I am really looking forward to the workshop tomorrow (and a teensy bit ... terrified). But certainly looking forward to seeing you then!

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous Lin Mei !!

Lin Mei said...

Hey there Kylie! It is great to have you visit here. I love your new banner and your prettiest-in-pink card.